My name is Julie Griffin and my private clinical practice is based in Oakham. I also offer Online counselling sessions as an alternative. Therapies are tailored to meet the needs of the individual allowing the young person to feel heard and valued, this supports them in making their own choices.My belief is that young people often need extra support at this stage of their lives, when there can be many changes occurring. They face many challenges both mentally and physically. Young people sometimes need to find this support outside of their family and friends network.
I have been involved in counselling and psychotherapy with young people for over 10 years, working in secondary schools, secure units, colleges and private practice.
I have additional training in self harm, Anxiety prevention, Attachment disorders, neuroscience and creative therapies.
– Self Harm issues with Young People
– Creative Therapies/Sand Tray work
– Neuroscience and the brain function
– Solution Focussed Therapy
– Family dynamics
– Gender identity
– Anxiety prevention
– MA: Counselling and Psychotherapy Children and Young People. Nottingham University 2011
– Dip: Counselling and Psychotherapy 2008
– Level 3: Cognitive and Behavioural Therapy (CBT) 2009
– Cert. Solution focussed therapy 2014
– Cert. Neuro Linguistic Programming 2014
– Advanced Cert. Supervision